Volunteering at Sunshine
Sunshine offers a wide array of volunteer opportunities for people of all ages. There is an active recruitment campaign currently underway.Volunteers make a difference in the following ways:
- Therapeutic Play: Join in the fun of our Toddler and/or our special needs group, stimulating developmental and physical growth through interactive games, music, dance, art, and play activities.
- Cuddle Club: Be trained to hold our special babies, push strollers, sing and read to our littlest residents.
- Friendly Visitor: Make a difference, be a buddy to one of the residents with scheduled one–to-one weekly visits.
- Special Events: Accompany staff and children on trips, assist with celebrations of special events and/or monthly birthday parties.
- Administrative Support: Provide clerical support to various departments.
- Teen Program: Opportunities for high school students to satisfy their community service commitments are available. Teens work with children of all ages in a variety of activities under the direct supervision of the Therapeutic Activities department.
Volunteer applicant's interests, skills and time are matched to our resident’s needs. Volunteers are requested to provide a minimum of two to four hours per week for a period of no less than six month.
For more information on Sunshine’s volunteer opportunities or to set an appointment for a tour and an opportunity to discuss your interests and availability, please contact Paula Listi at email@example.com or by calling 914-333-7090.